Writer Nick JuddTransfer
The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill is closed! Speculation is rife about the moves over the summer, so check out the latest gossip below and all the official listings here.
TOP STORY : Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid establish contact via Haaland
Barcelona will make Erling Haaland their main target next summer, but Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid have already made contact with the Norwegian manager, reports Mundo Deportivo.
New Barca president Joan Laporta is aware of Barca’s financial problems, but he also has big dreams when it comes to improving the quality of the team, according to the article.
However, the Catalans are behind when it comes to Haaland, with three clubs already in talks.
The clause that each of these interested clubs must meet would be €75 million, but there are other fees – for his agent and father – which means the clubs would have to spend €100 million or more.
Laporta may have a good relationship with Haaland’s manager, Mino Raiola, but he must be wary of other interested clubs.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Minutes: Barca want Aguero; Chelsea want the right to sack Lampard.
Ronaldo opens talks about his return to Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo’s business manager, Jorge Mendes, has spoken to Real Madrid about a possible return to the club, according to Marca and El Chiringuito.
Both clubs are reportedly in good contact with Ronaldo’s representatives, and it is believed that the Portuguese superstar and Madrid regret breaking up three years ago.
– Barnwell’s best moves: 100-51 | 50-1
– Summer Transfer
– Recent Major Transfer
It seems Ronaldo is unhappy with the state of affairs at Torino – with this week’s UCL elimination and the slim chances of winning Serie A evaporating – as the Italian club consider letting him go to make way for a new salary to improve the team.
However, Real Madrid are not very interested in a transfer. If they recognize that Ronaldo will improve their team by contracting him, they will narrow down their options to claim one of the two main targets, Haland or Kilian Mbappé.
What is clear is that Ronaldo is likely to move this summer.
United are looking for a replacement for De Gea
In addition to the news that Manchester United are not interested in extending Sergio Romero’s contract this summer, Football Insider reported on Friday that the club are also willing to listen to offers for David De Gea and that a possible replacement for Gianluigi Donnarumma will come from AC Milan.
United are willing to listen to clubs interested in their veteran Spaniard as they target two new goalkeepers at the end of the season.
It’s all part of a dramatic reshuffling of goaltenders this summer. Dean Henderson is expected to stay, but Donnarumma is also reportedly one of United’s main targets.
United have reportedly opened negotiations with Donnarumma’s manager, Mino Raiola, but face competition from other clubs, including Chelsea, who are also reportedly interested.
– Juventus are already preparing for life after Ronaldo. AS are reporting that they are looking to loan Alvaro Morata out permanently this summer. Since returning to Atletico Madrid, Morata has scored 16 goals and provided 11 assists in all competitions. Juventus need €45 million for the deal, but they may also try to bring in another player to reduce that amount.
– Paris Saint-Germain are not only shopping around for free transfers this summer, but also for their stars. Napoli right-back Elseid Gezim Hysaj is on their wish list, the player’s business manager revealed in an interview with Argentine radio station Radio Punto Nuovo. Hisaya’s agent has revealed that he has already spoken to PSG sporting director Leonardo. Right back Alessandro Florenzi is currently on loan from AS Roma. Florenzi has a €9 million option clause, but it’s not clear if they will activate it given their interest in Hysaj.