There has been a lot of buzz around CBD oil lately. You have probably heard about it, even if you don’t know it. Full-spectrum CBD oil is derived from the hemp plant, and it is effective in treating a variety of conditions in humans. But what about dogs?
Can full-spectrum CBD oil help them too? In this blog post, you will get the answer to that question and discuss the benefits of full spectrum cbd oil for dogs.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the many cannabinoids found in hemp. It’s among more than 100 cannabinoids discovered in the hemp plant. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD does not have any intoxicating effects.
Cannabis-derived CBD oil does not contain THC, making it the ideal choice for individuals seeking to reap the advantages of cannabis without getting high.
CBD is extracted in two ways: with CO2 and with ethanol. CO2 extraction is the most popular method, and it involves using pressurized carbon dioxide to extract the CBD from the plant.
This method is safe and produces a high-quality product. Ethanol extraction is a less popular method, but it is still effective. It involves using ethanol to extract the CBD from the plant.
Also Read: Smoking Weed 101: Everything You Should Know
Difference Between CBD and THC
CBD and THC are both cannabinoids, but they have different effects. THC is the cannabinoid that will get your dog “high.” It binds to the CB receptors in the brain, which causes psychoactive effects.
But CBD does not bind to these receptors. Instead, it binds to other receptors, such as serotonin receptors. This is why it has a calming effect and can be used to treat anxiety.
CBD is also anti-inflammatory, which can help reduce inflammation throughout the body. THC, on the other hand, is pro-inflammatory. Cannabis is also effective in treating diseases like Crohn’s disease and arthritis because it activates the same receptors as aspirin.
What Is Full-Spectrum CBD?
All of the cannabinoids found in hemp are present in full-spectrum CBD oil. It includes CBD, THC, CBG, CBN, and more. Full-spectrum cannabinoid oil is usually made with CO2 extraction. It ensures that all of the cannabinoids are preserved in the final product.
Difference Between Full Spectrum and CBD Isolate
CBD isolate is a completely pure CBD product. It does not contain any additional cannabinoids, such as THC. This makes CBD isolate less effective than full-spectrum CBD oil. It incorporates all of the hemp plant’s cannabinoids, making it more powerful.
Difference Between Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum
Broad-spectrum CBD oil is similar to full-spectrum CBD oil, but it does not contain any THC. This is why it is a good option for people who want the benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects of THC.
How Does Full-Spectrum CBD Oil Work?
This oil works by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is a network of receptors found throughout the body.
These receptors regulate many different functions, including pain, inflammation, anxiety, and sleep.
Benefits of Using Full-Spectrum CBD Oil for Dogs
Full-spectrum CBD oil can be used to treat various conditions in dogs. Also, it is considered safe to be used.
If you are looking for a natural way to treat your dog’s conditions, full-spectrum CBD oil for dogs is a good option. You can give your dog orally or add it to their food. Full-spectrum CBD oil is also available in topical form, which can be applied to the skin.
What Health Issues CBD Can Treat in Dogs?
CBD is effective in treating a variety of health issues in dogs. These include:
- Anxiety: CBD can help to reduce anxiety in dogs. It helps treat separation anxiety, social anxiety, and noise phobias.
- Pain: CBD is an effective pain reliever. It can treat arthritis, joint pain, muscle pain, and nerve pain.
- Inflammation: CBD is a potent anti-inflammatory agent. CBD oil can effectively treat conditions like allergies, Crohn’s disease, and colitis.
- Cancer: CBD can help to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment, such as nausea and vomiting. Research has shown that CBD can help in killing cancer cells.
- Epilepsy: CBD is effective in treating epilepsy. It can help to reduce the frequency and severity of seizures.
How to Give Your Dog CBD Oil?
You can administer CBD oil to your dog easily in various methods.
- Mix in Their Food: The easiest way to give your dog CBD oil is to mix it into their food. You can add it to their regular food or make homemade dog food with CBD oil.
- CBD Dog Treats: CBD dog treats are another easy way to give your dog CBD oil. These treats are already infused with CBD, so you don’t have to worry about adding it to their food.
- Topical CBD: You can also use topical products on your dog. These products are applied directly to the skin and can be used to treat conditions like arthritis and joint pain.
- CBD Spray: CBD spray is a convenient way to administer the oil to your dog. Spray it on their food or directly into their mouth.
Also Read: Canadian Cannabis Stocks Bounce Sharply From Mid-May Lows
Dosage of CBD for Dogs
The dosage of CBD for dogs will vary depending on the condition you are treating. It is crucial to start with a low dose and increase gradually as needed. You should always consult with your veterinarian before giving your dog the dosage.
If you’re using CBD oil for medical purposes, e.g., to treat arthritis pain or reduce seizures, here’s how to calculate a safe and effective dosage for your pet.
First, figure out how many milligrams (mg) of CBD your dog should have based on his weight. A safe rule of thumb is 0.2 mg per pound. So, if your dog weighs 50 pounds, he would need about 10 mg of CBD.
CBD oil is a popular treatment for many health problems in canines. The most powerful type of CBD oil is full-spectrum, which is also the safest to use. You may give CBD oil to dogs through the mouth, combine it with their food, or apply topical treatments.