Cristiano Ronaldo has some great things planned for his future: a new house, a new baby and a new contract with Real Madrid. But is there a new dream? A dream in which he could have played for another big European club? After all, some players want to go abroad. And he has been talked about as a potential replacement for Neymar in Paris. But it is very hard to imagine him leaving Real Madrid, as the club is demanding a lot of money for him.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s dream of playing in Paris is over. The Portuguese superstar, who was last seen firing a few final shots at the World Cup for Portugal, was left saddened by football’s latest giant deflate. Last week, it was reported that the Portuguese star, who was linked to a move away from Real Madrid, was on the verge of a switch to Paris Saint-Germain. But the deal, which would have come with a world record fee, fell through after PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi halted talks.
It all happens in a flash: the point of no return. Manchester United signing a player, PSG clearing a contract, and Barcelona a name. The transfer window is open, and the millions of pounds being splashed around the globe is only the start. With a few days left before the summer transfer window closes, here’s a quick roundup of the latest deals and rumours, including the latest on Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.. Read more about messi news and let us know what you think.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Where Does Ronaldo Go From Here?
With sources telling ESPN that Lionel Messi has decided to join Paris Saint-Germain, AS reports that fellow superstar Cristiano Ronaldo will be keeping an eye on the issue for a very different purpose.
The Portugal talisman has been linked with a move away from Juventus, with his discontent allegedly stemming from the club’s poor Champions League performances.
PSG is believed to be one of the few teams interested in acquiring the 36-year-old, but bringing in Messi would make any move for Ronaldo impossible, even if no transfer money is required.
There has also been discussion of Kylian Mbappe joining Real Madrid, but it is thought that even selling the 22-year-old for a large sum would not be enough to help get Ronaldo to Parc des Princes.
While the prospect of Ronaldo and Messi playing together on the same squad is enough to thrill any football fan, it seems that this is unlikely to materialize.
This complicates matters for Ronaldo as he plans his path out of Turin.
– ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup, and more – ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup, and more
09.59 BST: According to ESPN’s James Olley, Arsenal midfielder Joe Willock is poised to join Newcastle in a £25 million move.
Last season, the 21-year-old had a fantastic loan stint at St James’ Park, scoring in seven straight Premier League games, and he is eager to return to the first team.
The Gunners need money to restructure their team, therefore they’ve accepted Newcastle’s offer for the England under-21 international, who has 78 appearances for the club after coming through their youth system.
Personal details are still being worked out in the transaction, but all sides anticipate Willock to transfer in the coming days.
According to ESPN, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is interested in adding more creativity to his squad, with Leicester’s James Maddison and Lyon’s Houssem Aouar among those being considered, but first has to trade a midfielder.
09.21 BST: Lionel Messi is likely to fly to Paris shortly after saying an emotional farewell to Barcelona on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Julien Laurens, before completing a medical at Paris Saint-Germain in the coming days.
The Argentina captain is expected to sign a two-year contract with a third-season option. In the following days, he may be honored during a ceremony at the Eiffel Tower. Since the story surfaced, Messi has gotten numerous phone calls from teams, confirming PSG’s interest, and several sources have informed ESPN that he has already accepted to join the Ligue 1 club.
Barca had agreed to a new five-year deal with the 34-year-old, but that would have put the club’s salary expenditure at 110 percent of its income. Their LaLiga expenditure limit has been reduced from around €600 million in 2019-20 to about €200 million this season, making it difficult to sign Messi to a new contract, even with a significant salary reduction. Prior to this, he was paid a basic salary of approximately €70 million gross, without incentives.
– A complete chronology of Lionel Messi’s Barcelona career
08.38 BST: Leicester City will seek to acquire Southampton defender Jannik Vestergaard to compensate for the absence of Wesley Fofana, according to talkSPORT.
After breaking his leg in a preseason friendly against Villarreal last Wednesday, Fofana will have surgery on Monday that will keep him out until next year.
Following a reckless tackle by Villarreal’s Fer Nino, the centre-back was hurt, which Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers characterized as a “horrendous challenge” in the aftermath of the match against last season’s Europa League champions.
This has rekindled the Foxes’ interest in Saints centre-back Jannik Vestergaard, whom they attempted to acquire last summer. According to talkSPORT, the Denmark international’s contract at St Mary’s is set to end next summer, and he may be available for approximately £15 million.
Tottenham Hotspur are trying to finalize a deal for Inter Milan forward Lautaro Martinez after signaling that they are ready to match the club’s €71 million value, according to sources who spoke to ESPN’s James Olley.
Spurs and Arsenal are among the teams keeping tabs on Martinez in the hopes of striking a deal with Inter, which is under pressure to sell players due to financial losses incurred as a consequence of the coronavirus epidemic.
Spurs are said to think they have reached an agreement in principle on a fee, but Inter insiders have rejected claims that they are ready to approve a move.
Chelsea’s pursuit of Romelu Lukaku has compounded the issue. Inter have already lost Achraf Hakimi to PSG and have negotiated a €115 million deal with Chelsea for Lukaku.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Danny Lewis)
– When they were at Bayern Munich, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben were one of the most dangerous winger duos in recent times. While the Dutch international has retired, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Ribery may return to Bavaria as the club seeks a replacement for Kingsley Coman, who was rejected by Fiorentina. There haven’t been any talks yet, but the 38-year-old is training with Bayern and might be a cost-effective alternative at a time when finances are tight due to the coronavirus.
– According to the Express, Manchester United wants to recover the £50 million they paid for Anthony Martial in 2015. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a wealth of offensive skill at his disposal, and as United seek to sell players, the Frenchman may be forced to go. Everton and Internazionale are reportedly interested in signing the 25-year-old.
– AC Milan is searching for a creative player, and Calciomercato has compiled a list of potential candidates. Josip Ilicic of Atalanta, Hakim Ziyech of Chelsea, Nikola Vlasic of CSKA Moscow, Isco of Real Madrid, and James Rodriguez of Everton are among the players selected.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Arsenal is still keeping an eye on Martin Odegaard’s position at Real Madrid. The Norwegian has long been their top aim to replace the No. 10 spot, and Arsenal will make an offer if he and Los Blancos decide to split ways permanently.
– After losing Jack Grealish to Manchester City, Kevin Campbell expects Aston Villa to continue their pursuit of Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse, according to Football Insider. “Villa won’t hold back,” the former striker said. “They know they have money, but they want to spend it properly.”
Last month, I wrote about Cristiano Ronaldo becoming a Real Madrid. The following month, I wrote about him getting suspended by FIFA for pushing and shoving Kylian Mbappe. Now, he is back with his new club, and has somehow managed to breach the €100 million sales record set by Neymar. Ronaldo has been honest that he will not be playing in the Champions League again this season, but he has put up a fight to declare that he wants to leave Paris Saint-Germain.. Read more about how much is messi contract and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- messi news
- messi transfer
- where is lionel messi from
- is messi leaving barcelona
- how much is messi contract