BEVERLY HILLS, CBSLA – Beverly Hills authorities announced Wednesday a series of road closures around Beverly Hills during the 78th annual Golden Globe Awards.
The ceremony on the 28th. February, traditionally held entirely at the Beverly Hilton, will take place on two coasts due to the COWID-19 pandemic.
LIABLE : Gov. Gavin Newsom praises farm workers during a visit to a vaccination site in Coachella Valley
Tina Fey will present part of the event from the Rainbow Room in New York City, and Amy Poehler will present from Beverly Hills.
Motorists should prepare for road closures around the Beverly Hilton starting next Wednesday, ahead of the ceremony on the 28th. February.
The following road closures/restrictions are planned :
- Santa Monica Boulevard North will be closed to westbound traffic from Wilshire Boulevard to Century Park East starting at 9 p.m. 26. February to 4. 1. Mars.
- Santa Monica Boulevard North will be closed to eastbound traffic from Wilshire to Century Park East starting at 9 p.m. 27. February to 4. 1. Mars. The south side of Santa Monica remains open in both directions.
- Starting at 6 a.m., the eastern edge of Wilshire Boulevard, east of Whittier, will be closed. 24. February to 4. 1. Mars.
- Merv Griffin Way will be closed to northbound and southbound traffic between North Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevard beginning at 6 a.m. 24. February to 4. 1. Mars.
- Whittier, Carmelita, Elevado and Lomitas roads near Walden and Tenton and adjacent lanes will be closed on the 28th. February will be open to traffic, but all streets will be marked with a parking ban starting at midnight that day.
Parking on Whittier Drive between Wilshire and Sunset Blvd. is not allowed after 6 a.m. 28. February to midnight that night.
LIABLE : Handmade quilts in Manhattan Beach to donate to Vietnam veterans.
During these periods, parking is limited to vehicles of residents who have a permit or an unlocked exception code :
- Carmelita Avenue between Wilshire and Walden Drive;
- Lomitas Avenue between Whittier and Walden;
- Elevator Avenue between Wilshire and Walden;
- Trenton Drive between Whittier and Wilshire;
- Walden to drive between Santa Monica Boulevard and Whittier; and.
- Greenway Drive between Sunset Boulevard and Whittier.
Residents without a parking permit can call 310-285-2548 or go online at beverlyhills.org/parkingexemptions to get a parking permit.
The Golden Globe hotline can also be reached at 310-550-4680 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the day of the event.
Three of last year’s top Golden Globe Award winners return to the ceremony this year to serve as presenters, including Joaquin Phoenix, who won last year’s Globe for Best Actor in a Fiction Film for The Joker.
Renee Zellweger, who won Best Dramatic Actress for Judy last year, and Aukwafina, who won Best Actress in a Comedy and Musical for Goodbye, are also part of the selection.
MORE: Vegas shows what needs to come back, hotels – 24/7 operations expand after reuse policy is adjusted.
(© Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All rights reserved. City News Service contributed to this report).