The recipe for hot chocolate cake with marshmallows (which is a dessert recipe) goes on to list the following ingredients: 1 cup plain flour, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt.
There are chocolate cakes that use unsweetened cocoa powder, real melted chocolate or a combination of both. And then there’s the hot chocolate cake, which also uses a hot chocolate mix. It’s not new, and it’s pretty easy to make, like most similar cakes.
This cake goes well with most frosting and sugar fillings. But since it’s made with hot chocolate, marshmallow frosting is obviously a fitting option. This is also a pretty easy dish to make, but the main ingredient is not the usual marshmallow.
Instead, it contains marshmallow fluff, a dough made from a white, sticky snack.
You can use other glazes, but if this one sounds delicious, you should definitely buy this glaze at the store.
- Hot eggs – Never use cold eggs in baked goods. The cold inhibits the necessary chemical reactions. Before you start cooking, take the eggs out of the fridge for a long time. The eggs are always at room temperature.
- Unsweetened cocoa – This is a chocolate cake, as a chocolate cake should be. Despite using hot chocolate, don’t give up on flavoring it regularly. It is therefore advisable to use cocoa powder, especially unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Hot chocolate should stay hot – When making hot chocolate, do so according to the instructions and use immediately. The hot liquid will quickly release steam and turn the cake. Besides, it’s the only way to make hot chocolate. The hotter, the better.
- Use marshmallow flakes for the icing – there should be no exceptions here. The marshmallow flakes are needed to make the icing. Do not use melted marshmallows or anything else to replace them. However, you can also use real marshmallows to decorate the cake.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 cup of hot chocolate
- 1 3/4 Tassen selbstkochendes Mehl
- 1 cup cocoa powder cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Real marshmallows for the topping
Recommendations for preparing the cake :
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Butter the insides of 3 pans (each 6 inches high). Sprinkle a little flour over each pan. Mash them flat so the bottom is covered, then turn them on their sides and flip them over so the sides are covered. Shake off excess flour.
- Prepare a cup of hot chocolate according to the directions (use water, not milk). Cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the butter and milk on low speed until smooth. Switch to medium-high speed and add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- Iron on low speed. Gradually add the warm chocolate and flour mixture until everything is well blended.
- Divide the dough between the chosen number of moulds. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the crust comes out clean.
- Remove the crusts and let them cool for 10 minutes in a pan. Remove them from the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.
method of cooking the glaze:
- Using a mixer with a whisk, beat marshmallows, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the milk by tablespoons to adjust the consistency.
- Using a sharp bread knife or chef’s knife, carefully cut out the domes at the top of the patties in a straight horizontal line.
- Spread the marshmallow icing evenly to use on each cake. Using a spatula, spread the icing on the top of each cake.
- Stack the cakes on top of each other, starting at the bottom so the icing stays on. Layer the marshmallows on top of the cake for decoration. Serve the cake or seal and freeze.
Portions : 12
Don’t miss our Facebook page!
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about 3-ingredient hot chocolate cake and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use hot chocolate instead of cocoa powder in cake?
As soon as the temperatures dip in the late autumn and winter, we all start looking for some hot chocolate recipes to put a smile on our faces. While straight-up hot chocolate is comfort food in its finest, we recognize that not all hot chocolate recipes are created equal. (Some of them are downright awful.) But we’ve found a recipe for a decadent hot chocolate cake that will make your taste buds happy, while adding a little bit of spice to the proceedings. For the best results, use hot chocolate instead of cocoa powder in cake. Hot chocolate is a thick chocolate drink usually served with marshmallows and whipped cream. Hot chocolate is made from chocolate powder, water, and milk. The process of heating the milk changes the texture of the chocolate into an emulsion, which is a mixture of fat and water. Since hot chocolate is already an emulsion, it is already a smooth paste, which is perfect for baking. Chocolate cake made with hot chocolate will not only have a better texture, but will be much easier to make.
What happens to marshmallows in hot chocolate?
Stale marshmallows have a bad rap . Sure, they’re too tough to bite easily and their flavor is gone, but that doesn’t mean they’re not useful. Sure, you probably only have them on hand because somebody gave you a bag as a kid, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use them for something! Here’s how to put those stale marshmallows to good use. Blog Everyone knows that the best part of hot chocolate is the marshmallows, but what exactly happens to these little sponges when they’re heated up in a cup of cocoa? The answer, surprisingly, is not a lot. The chemical name for marshmallows is polymers, which means they are a chain of linked molecules, and the different chains are held together by hydrogen bonds. (Hydrogen bonds are the same forces that hold water molecules together.) So, when you heat up the marshmallows, the chains start to break apart, and the bonds between the chains weaken.
Can I substitute hot cocoa mix for cocoa powder?
Hot cocoa mix and cocoa powder are both products that are made from pulverized cocoa beans. Hot cocoa mix has hot water added to it, while cocoa powder is dissolved in hot water. So, can hot cocoa mix be substituted in recipes that call for cocoa powder? While it is true that you can use hot cocoa mix in a recipe in place of cocoa powder, you have to be very careful how you do it. In many cases, the powder and the mix will not be interchangeable, and if you are not careful when you substitute one for the other, you could end up with a very different finished product than you had planned. Believe it or not, you can substitute hot cocoa mix for cocoa powder in any recipe that calls for cocoa powder! And no, I’m not talking about your morning cup of hot chocolate, which you should do if you want to keep your figure trim and tight. I’m talking about using hot cocoa mix as an ingredient in a recipe. I know that sounds a bit far-fetched, but it’s true. You can even substitute one for the other in a recipe that calls for both.
easy hot chocolate cake recipecake with hot chocolate mixhot chocolate cake recipe real simple3-ingredient hot chocolate cakehow do you make hot chocolate cakehot chocolate cake without cocoa powder,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,easy hot chocolate cake recipe,cake with hot chocolate mix,hot chocolate cake recipe real simple,3-ingredient hot chocolate cake,how do you make hot chocolate cake,can i make a cake with hot chocolate powder,hot chocolate cake without cocoa powder,hot chocolate cake recipe uk